Sunday 22 February 2015

Chapter-1

Chapter 1

I remember standing there staring at its impressive structure, the way the bones bonded together, struck each other like lightening and merged.
The first question that struck me was that how the skeleton stood upright over there on two thin legs, which seemed awfully fragile, especially because it was a fossil proven to be millions of years old. The questions which followed seemed unimportant.
So without further ado I raised my hand as the whole class turned to stare assuming as to what so called ‘inquisitive’ question I had this time.
“Here we go again!” said Ellen, “She is definitely going to ask another question"
"Yes I am pretty sure it's the usual ones which nobody understands" interrupted Stella, "I'm not even sure she does" she said skittishly. This made me very nervous. What if I got teased, mocked or ragged with because of my questions? What if they wouldn't actually be as good of questions as I had thought they were?
What if-? interrupting my thoughts I heard a voice- "Yes?", Oh no! I had completely forgotten that I had my hand ribbed in the air the whole time, "Uh..m" I was nervous but I had to do it so I bottled up my valour and drank it all up, took a deep breath and said, "Sir, how does this structure stand only on two bones, they seem very thin and I don't think it may be able to withstand the weight of the rest of the body"
As I was going to continue taking another deep breath, the man interrupted and said "They aren't just the bones" he said, "They have rods inside them which keep them in place-and prevent them from falling down-bonding them together into a whole".
I stood there and nodded my head as if it was dangling on its own, people as usual did not understand my doubt.
I looked at Amy in the way I always had, giving her the look I always did, indirectly asking her if she actually understood me.
She slowly nodded her head as she always did, and slyly moved beside me.
"I was thinking about doing some research on dinos-you know after going home"
Amy was the one who could literally read my mind-she was a very shy girl who was my best friend, I couldn't imagine not having her beside me-the thought just was not right.
"Sure!", "I was going to say the exact same thing!" I said moving on.
The next thing that we were going to view were the paintings, which were no ordinary paintings, they were Egyptian hieroglyphics!

No comments: