Wednesday 25 March 2015

Chapter-5

Chapter 5

"Yeah" he said timidly,
"Oh, so what else do you know about" I said, hoping I wasn't being too informal- I was trying to get right to the point, as his answer did not satisfy what I wanted to know.
"I know about other things, other animals..." he replied.
"Oh so animals must be your leisure interest, de règil?"
I threw in the de règil as I wanted to know whether he knew what it was because most of the kids at my school didn't even know what leisure was. I mostly used it to cover up for the informality I had shown before.
"Vaguely meticulous" he said.
"Because de regil actually means required, like 'it is necessary for you to do so'"
By this answer of his I felt a little bad, as if he was correcting me because I knew nothing, and also because he was pronouncing de règil wrong.
I didn't expect him to know that much.
"And also about the animals, I learn about several things, not only animals." he said lucidly.
"Like?" I asked.
"Usually learn about whatever comes to my mind, you see I keep thinking about things and then when I want to know more, I google them"
"Oh..." I had nothing else to say, he probably knew more than I did, I never Googled anything, probably because I trusted human answers more, or was just too lazy to type.
"OK, nice talking to you!" I concluded and left as furtively as I had come.
As we continued I started to feel lesser than someone. Until that moment I thought I was smart for asking questions-but now I felt dumb for not using the exceptional idea of using Google.
Well at least I knew what I was going to do after going home.
"YES IT DOES!!!" shouted a voice interrupting my thoughts, again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey!! aneesha... U are showing ur self in this story !! OMG!!!

Unknown said...

DIDNT YOU READ THE INTRODUCTION!!! BHAVANAAAAAA.
Half information eh????
:P

Unknown said...

I did... i know it your story bolke @aneesha...