Tuesday 24 February 2015

Chapter-2

Chapter 2

As they were walking, people were talking as well, "That dino was huge!", said Eric, "I know man, and did you see his teeth?" asked Tim, "Yeah man! he could swallow like a jungle", "You know what else he could do?",said Eric, "What?" asked Tim, "SMUUSHHH THE BUILDINGS!!!!" "HAHAHA"

"What buildings?", I asked curiously, 
"We are not like...teachers and stuff to know, like what buildings are", said Tim,
 "Yeah why don't you go ask the teacher this one too"  said Eric.

Then another question struck my mind, who do they call it a building, when it's already built? Why don't they call it like a built?

Looking at Eric and Tim still laughing at the 'joke' they had cracked on me, I quickly concentrated my mind, buzzing off the questions.

The Egyptian hieroglyphics just looked like pictures, "They are paintings made very long ago in Egypt" explained the man, "They date back to...." 
I was listening to what he was saying, but at the same time, I wasn't.
I was getting bored of him going on on and on about the dates and centuries-which 8 year old would even find it amusing?

So I tried to make all I could out of his explanation of the hieroglyphics and was preparing to move on as I suddenly, looked at the paintings, and saw them, I saw about 4 paintings of a man doing different actions in a row, and if the same man was painted doing different things on the same canvas it must've meant something, maybe a story they were trying to tell? Or a message they wanted to convey to the generations ahead? Or a big solution which everyone was seeking? I was going to raise my hand in excitement,  but then another question came up, What if they were just ordinary paintings and my question was useless...people will laugh and tease again..was it all worth it?

No comments: