Friday 27 March 2015

Chapter-6

Chapter 6

I turned back and saw, Eric and Ellen who, as usual, were brawling their guts out.
"NO!, it doesn't" said Ellen in a rather forlorn and confident tone.
"YES IT DOES!!!!!" said Eric, who now was clearly offended..

I could not stand the amount of questions passing through my head.
What were they fighting about? Why were they fighting about it?
When will they ever get along? Why are unicorns sooooooo beautiful? Should I ask them why? Will they tell me?

"IF YOU WERE NOT SUCH A BRAINLESS BROTHER YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT DOES NOT!!!" Ellen said furiously.
Okay that was it, no matter what they say I decided to ask them what they were fighting about.

"Hey, Ellen" "What's the matter?" I asked nervously.

"THE MATTER IS THAT MY BROTHER DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TECHNOLOGY!" Ellen said in an even more indigent tone.
"I KNOW EEEEEEEEEEVERYTHING ABOUT TECHNOLOGY!!!!" said Eric.
"THEN JUST ADMIT THAT ROBOTS ARE GOOD!!" Ellen pushed.
"ROBOTS WILL TAKE OVER IN THE FUTURE!!!"said Eric.

Now that I knew what this argument was about I didn't want to get involved.
This was because of the fact that I didn't know who was right.
I mean I remembered seeing a movie where robots abducted the world and erased human race, but that may also be fabrication.
So I decided to leave slyly before they noticed.
But it was too late, Ellen and Eric started taking votes.
"So what do you think Stella?" asked Ellen.
"Well....." Stella knew nothing about technology, so she decided to just take Ellen's side as usual.
"I think that Ellen is right!" she said confidently.
"WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK TIMMM??" asked Eric in a threatening tone.
"I think that...ROBOTS ARE DANGEROUS!!!" he screamed.
They then turned to the two people that they thought had the answer.
Aditya and I.
I tried my best to ignore them as if they were not staring at me impatiently.
I was indirectly telling them to ask the know it all, Aditya.
Understanding my sign, they turned towards him and demanded him for an answer.
"So, what do you think Aditya?" at that point I decided to say the opposite of whatever he would, as I was a tad bit covetous of him.
I didn't realise he would start telling us about robots.
"You see, a robot is a mechanical or virtual artificial agent, usually an electromechanical machine that is guided by a computer program. Robots can be autonomous or semi-autonomous..."
WHAT!, I thought to myself, that was not related to anything, he was JUST telling us what a robot was, and doing a VERY bad job at it.
As I was thinking he kept going on and on on robots, he wouldn't stop!

I felt like letting out a fierce STOP! at his face, but didn't want to hurt his feelings.



No comments: