Thursday 4 June 2015

Chapter-31

Chapter 31




The eerie atmosphere was getting the best of me.

The questions I was asking myself seemed unimportant, adrenaline was kicking in.

Nicely above our bed sat a window, the A/C was on, so the window lay there, shut.

Just then I thought of something, if anything could be sitting there, waiting for me in the dark, what would it want?

I decided to investigate.

I slowly removed the blanket off of my head.
I got up, head first and then placed my first leg on the floor.

The cold floor, eldritch atmosphere and uncertain thoughts dangling through my mind were the perfect factors for something paranormal to happen.

But nothing did.

I got off the bed, trying my best not to wake my mother, who was finally asleep after so much struggle.

I moved towards the window and stood there, glaring at the moon visible through the translucent glass.

I saw the streets of a night Chennai.
The moonlight was perfect, making its way through the buildings that stood tall.

Suddenly, I noticed something about the dark. It was beautiful.
Sure, something could exist within its clutch. But, the most vibrant part of the world came out at night.

The restless silence gave an epitome of peace.
Suddenly I heard a noise behind me.
I turned to see what had made it when my fear kicked back in.

Nothing was there, but something could be.
That's when I started to kick some sense into myself.

What were ghosts?

Humans were not the only things alive on the planet for them to have an 'after life'.
The concept of something staying back after death was so dumb.

Death was just death.

Besides, if something was really there, then we would've known by now. It would've made news!
I realized something else, people like stories, adventure, mystery in their lives.

So it's pretty obvious that they might think about something existing even though it doesn't, just for the sake of it.

After all, we have vivid imaginations.
In fact our imagination is vivid enough for us to think of something that doesn't exist and even make a story about it.

Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, even Dora is based on pure imagination.
So why can't we imagine somethig else that doesn't exist?

No comments: