Tuesday 2 June 2015

Chapter-30

Chapter 30




"What are you afraid of?" It asked me. 

"I'm not sure.." I replied hopelessly. 

"Do you think it's all those horror movies you've been watching?" It questioned again. 

"What horror movies?" I asked. 

"You know, that movie with the girl who is possessed...who can turn her head 360 degrees.." it said. 

"The....the ex-xorsist?" I said, frightened, thinking of the scene it was reminding me of. 

"Yeah...wait! What was that noise, Aneesha?" it said creeping me out a little more.

"What noisseee??" I asked, concentrating on reality.

"Wooosh....the rustling of the leaves...you can hear the footsteps can't you?" It described.

Now my brain was creeping me out. I knew there was nothing there, nothing to hurt me, nothing that would jump on my face with an evil laugh, but somewhere inside, fear existed.

This was because of the number of questions that existed.

"Why are you afraid of the dark?" was one 
that my mind repeatedly asked itself.
I had no answer, which as you know, bothered me A LOT.

But why was I afraid of the dark, dark was just the absence of light.

It didn't mean that something was supposed to just automatically exist.

Or did it?
The dark was a perfect hiding place for ANYTHING because, nobody could see anything in the dark.
Which meant ANYTHING could be out there.
The more I thought of this, the more scared I became.
I wondered what, for a very long time, almost the whole night.

But that was when answers kicked in, answers to the questions.

When I get questions that are really complicated and intelligent.
I eventually think about them so much, that I find answers to them.

But when others get these questions, and I try and tell them my answer to these.
They think I'm lecturing them.









No comments: