Friday 29 May 2015

Chapter 29

Chapter 29


I tiptoed towards the bed as my toes touched the cold floor, slowly. It was the best feeling in the world.

I finally got to the bed, though I could barely see a thing. The lights were off because, as you know, my mother was asleep.
I fell on the cold bed (again, best feeling in the world!) and made myself comfortable.

Then I did something peculiar. After coming from a very hot area, I was clearly not cold yet, I still felt as if I was in a sauna, I needed more time recover from my friend, the Chennai heat.
Despite this, I decided to throw on the blanket.

I wasn't feeling cold, I didn't want to feel warm, but still I just decided to put on a blanket.

Even today, before I sleep I always put on a blanket, automatically, like a robot.

Why did I do this? Did it make me more comfortable? Was I just a humanoid robot? Or did it make me feel safe?.

This concept is so stupid. For example a killer may just break into the room and look at me with a blanket over my head.

Did I think that he would just assume I'm not there.
Like, "Oh well, I see a big lumpy thing inside that blanket, shaped like a tiny 8 year old, but it's not a tiny 8 year old so, I guess I'll just leave."

So stupid.

So this time I tried taking off the blanket, but things got worse.

This time cold air touching my beautiful feet was slight unpleasant.

Actually it was very unpleasant.

Because of my evening nap (That lasted 3 hours!) I couldn't sleep.

So there I lay on the bed, my glasses off, staring into a blank space.
It was a very eerie atmosphere.

Almost as if at any moment anything could jump onto me saying, "Now that you've took your blanket off there's no one to save you. Muwahahaha! (disney villain-ish laughter)"

I couldn't bear it anymore, my beautiful, astounding, soldier like blanket that had been saving me from these 'things' for all my life had to be back, to protect me.

I briskly pulled the blanket back on. But then, my wonderful brain decided to ask a few questions, to? My wonderful brain of course!
So I, the innocent Aneesha could have a sleepless night, filled with aggression that comes with 'no answers'.



No comments: