Sunday 12 April 2015

Chapter-12

Chapter 12


The man stopped, turned back and looked at me in an angry manner.
Then he started to run towards me, faster and faster as fast as he could, he looked like a marathoner, trying to reach the finish line, which in this case was-me!

 I just stood there looking at him, partially frightened and partially amused by the way he looked while he was running. 

As I had mentioned before he was a short, plump man who looked laughable already and as he started running, he looked hilarious.  
He was struggling to run couple of meters without getting worn out in the process. 

After minutes of struggle and countless whistles and shrieks of the cop asking the man to give over, he finally reached me and stared down at me with a raving expression on his face. 

I looked back at him with innocent eyes followed by an expression that I hoped would convince him that I did nothing. 

After about a second of constant staring the man showed a sudden change in his facial expression. He smiled and put his hand over my head and patted gently.

 I stood there looking at him, confused as to why he would be possibly happy with me, the person who turned him in and announced that he was a thief. 

"Well done, my child!" He said proudly.
"But what have I done sir" I asked him curiously.
"You followed the sign" He said and pointed towards a large
put up which I barely noticed due to all the commotion that Ellen and Eric created. 
"IN CASE OF THEFT, REPORT TO A NEARBY OFFICER ON DUTY AND HELP THE MUSEUM KEEP THE NATIONAL HERITAGE SAFE " It stated.

Now I understood what this was about, I immediately figured it all out in my head.
I looked at Aditya to see if he understood what was happening as well as I did.
Clearly he didn't, he had a startled and confused expression on his face.
He looked at me with an expression on his face that meant "Whats happening?"
I replied with a broad smile showing all my teeth and closed eyes



No comments: