Thursday 30 April 2015

Chapter-18

Chapter 18



I slowly closed the cupboard doors, letting out a little grin at my genius plan.

Now nobody would know where I was.

Once the cupboard doors were shut, my little space in the first rack started to seem eerie.

Nothing surrounded me on all four corners but uncut darkness, that gave a way to my fear.

I was getting extremely creeped out when suddenly, I heard a shout.
"Aneesha?!", "Where are you!?".

I immediately knew who the voice belonged to, it was my mother, probably calling me for dinner.

Completely dropping my plan to be the most awesome daughter in the world I shouted back,
"Amma, I'm up here, I'll be there in a jiffy."

I rapidly opened the cupboard doors and got down.

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and went into the kitchen.

As I had thought, my mother had called me for dinner.
I usually had dinner early and went to bed before my father came home.

So forgetting all about what had happened I ate my dinner and went to bed straight away.

Interrupting my memories (now) I heard a voice.
"Aneesha! Did you find anything there?" shouted my mother.

"No amma, nothing here. Just my teddy bears and toys." I shouted back.

"Okay, we'll have plenty of time to pack tomorrow. Come downstairs, dinner is ready!"

Just then I remembered, this happened to me very often. 
I would just dive into my land of memories for god knows how long and forget completely about the world around me.
I had supper but didn't have dinner yet.

Still it seemed like not long ago I was sitting with my dad and talking about the chinese.

I ran downstairs and went into the kitchen, I saw all the plates and spoons put out already, so I decided to sit and just enjoy the meal.

"Nana (dad)?" I asked.

"Yes Aneesha.." he replied in a tired tone.

"When we go to India...can we go somewhere..like on a holiday?"

"Yeah sure. But first you will be going to your grandmothers house, in Chennai. Until the baby gets delivered. Then I will come a few days before the delivery, I have some work here in America." he said.

"So I'll be staying with Ammuma (my maternal grandmother)?" I asked.

"Yes.." he answered.

"So the baby will be born in.....Chennai?"



No comments: