Wednesday 22 April 2015

Chapter-15

Chapter 15


"Calm down, Aneesha!" my mother said hushing me down.

"We're going to India for some time, you'll be attending school there too, it's going to be fine, you'll get used to it." she said in a satisfying tone.

"Some time?" I asked, wanting her to 
elaborate further.

"Look, your grandfather is not doing well.
He and your grandma are in that massive house alone, they need help and it is our duty to be with them when they need us." she explained further, without answering my question.

She probably assumed I was smart enough to know the answer, which I did.

But I just didn't, I couldn't think of even how leaving America would be, especially forever.

Here I didn't even want to question anything.

Questioning meant thinking, thinking about leaving everything, everyone, leaving my childhood as nothing, nothing but faded memories of a place.

So I decided not to think about it at all.

But I decided, not my marvelous, incredible, sensational and of course inquisitive brain.

It kept getting emotional and making me emotional too, with thoughts such as-

"But what about Amy, Eric and Ellen? And remember that tree in the backyard? And the rock near the lake you used to stroll? What about the flowers and the bushes? What about this house? What about him/her?"
Just then I remembered about him/her, what would he/she do?
Would the baby have the same childhood as me, in...India?
What is the plane trip going to cause harm to the little one?

How would my mom travel when she was...pregnant?

"Amma? But how will you come with 'it'?"
I asked my mother concerned with the health of my brother/sister (who irritates me A LOT today and is absolutely healthy).

"I don't know but I will have to come...I have no other choice." she said worried.

Right now there was only one person who could solve this, the person to whom my mom was talking to on the phone, the person who told me nothing about leaving, the person who I was going to irritate sooooooooooo much by asking soooooo many questions when he got home, that's right-my father.

No comments: