Monday 4 May 2015

Chapter-19

Chapter 19


"Yes, but I bet you will have a lot of fun with your grandma there until he or she is born."
he replied.

"Okay." I said.

I felt a little weird, at least it would be something new. A new experience. But as long as we came back here, I had no problem going to India. In fact it would be more like a vacation.

I just hoped that we came back.

"Okay Aneesha, you've had your dinner. Now it's time to sleep. Remember, we have a whole day of packing tomorrow." my mother said.

I guess I was sleepy too. It had been a long day for me. Too many surprises, too much inquisitivity. Too many questions.

"Good night." I said drowsily.
"Good night." both of my parents carolled.

I walked towards my room and finally reached the stairs. I took one step by one and climbed to the top.

I entered my room and fell on the bed.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I do remember getting up the next morning.
It wasn't exactly pleasant.

"Aneesha! Get up! We have to pack! Our flight is at 8AM!" yelled my mother.

"I'm up!" I said excited.
It was going to be a wild day, a 26 hour flight.
But it would probably be worth it.
I went to bathroom, brushed my teeth, combed my hair and took a nice warm shower.

I scurried downstairs and saw my breakfast piping hot and served on the table.

Pancakes with maple syrup, I wondered if they would have pancakes in India, especially because whenever I went to India I had tasty food my grandma made me.
'Dosas' 'Idlis' and 'Upma' were what I usually had.

As soon as I finished my breakfast I heard a voice.
"Aneesha! Come here!" said my mother calling me from the hall.
I washed my plate and put it in the dishes.

As soon as I left the kitchen I was shocked to see that things were, gone!
The carpet was packed up, the sofas were at the corner of the hall.
The hall mostly consisted of my mother, my father and the suitcases we would take.
Thankfully they didn't take down the clock as I was curious as to what time it was.
I looked at the clock and immidiately froze.
The time was 6:03 and our flight was at 8'o clock!
That meant that we were supposed to leave for the airport, well, now!
As soon as I thought that through, interrupting my thoughts I heard a honk at the door.

"Lets go!" shouted my mother as the taxi crawled up outside.
My mother had my cinderella bag all packed and ready to go.
I grabbed it and looked at my father as my mother grabbed me by the arm and rushed me to leave.
"Bye nana, come soon." I yelled as I left him.
"Bye, I'll be there next month, have fun!" he shouted back.

I took a small step outside my house and a little shiver greeted me.


No comments: