Sunday 17 May 2015

Chapter-25


Chapter 25


I felt good, as long as she was fine. The only thing we could do until she came back was wait. But after a few minutes my inquisitive mind decided to annoy me again, by asking a few more...questions!

Why aren't they coming back? What if something happened? What if-?

I couldn't take it any more, this time even I couldn't  convince myself. I wish I could just know the answers. I stomped irritated into my room, I just needed answers.


My glasses kept sliding down I didn't like them that way, as I pushed them I remembered someone else who had glasses, Aditya. As I thought of him, I remembered something about him. When he had questions he would use....Google!

I rushed towards the computer, it was big, fat and had a CPU.

The thing was that computers were not advanced then, they were big boxes, complicated (then) but I knew how to use them. My mother used to log into a few websites and showed me how it worked. I was basically an expert on computers, I could type, I could log onto websites, I could play games, I was awesome, or so I thought.

To use it, first we had to switch on the CPU. That was easy, I just had to switch on this black rectangular box, I just had to press a button to do that. I slowly pressed the largest button, slowly because I enjoyed how it 
popped right back, like a spring.

Suddenly the computer turned on. 'Dell' the screen read. All of a sudden the screen turned black. A few options appeared onto the black screen, all written in white, except for one, it was written in black and covered in grey. 'Press enter to start windows normally.' It read, I think (I have windows 8 now).

"Okay..." I thought. I did want windows to start normally, if it goofed up, I would be responsible for its 'abnormality'.
I scanned the keyboard for 'enter', it was right there to the far right of the keyboard. I slowly pressed it (duh I loved buttons). Windows started. Suddenly a new screen appeared, it had various 'icons' and a green grass background, with a bright blue sky.

I searched for internet explorer, we always used it, so good, so efficient (hahaha).
I opened it and went to google.com, I saw my mother use it to find recipes and I was pretty observant, so I caught the hang of it.

Just then I realised something, what was I going to type?
How about trying 'baby'. I slowly (obviously) pushed the letters one by one, as soon as I typed in 'baby' a number of options piled up.
The word 'baby' was written in bold letters in all of them. Baby laugh, baby cute, baby smiling, baby names, were the options. Just then it struck me, what were we going to name the baby?


No comments: